April 13, 2016
The 10th International MANGA Award
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Japan Foundation have launched the Tenth International MANGA Award and started to accept entries for the Award.
To Spread MANGA culture overseas and promote international cultural exchange through MANGA.
(1) The Gold Award of the Tenth International MANGA Award will be conferred upon the best MANGA work and the Silver Award will be granted to three other excellent works.
(2) The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan on the occasion of the award ceremony for around 10 days as an extra prize (exclude the fine work winners).
(1) The MANGA works (24 or more pages) must have been produced outside Japan. Both published and unpublished works are eligible except works which received the past International Manga Awards.
(2) The MANGA works should be produced within three years preceding the date of application (2013-2016).
(3) The works must be submitted in printed form. (In certain instances, submission of data may be required later on.)
(4) Overseas publishing companies can apply for the Tenth International MANGA Award only if they confirm that their MANGA artists agree that their works be submitted.
(5) Each applicant can submit only one work under one title (or series). In case a collection of short stories is to be applied, only one story may be applied. Duplicate application will be invalid.
(6) For the purpose of public relations, the MANGA Award Executive Committee may upload the winner's MANGA works (partially) on its website after obtaining approval from the artists.
(1) Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below:
i) Embassy of Japan in Riyadh
Culture Section, Embassy of Japan in Saudi Arabia
A-11 Diplomatic Quarter, P.O. Box 4095, Riyadh 11491
Entries must arrive by Tuesday, May 31, 2016
ii) P. O. Box in Japan
The Tenth International MANGA Award Executive Committee
B1F Yuraku-cho bldg.
1-10-1 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN, 100-0006
Entries must arrive by Friday, June 17, 2016
(2) The number of copies
Two copies of your work must be submitted.
(Additional copies may be requested for works being considered for an award.)
The submitted works will not be returned to applicants.
Therefore, if your work has not yet been published, make sure that a copy is submitted and the original is retained by you. We might donate or exhibit submitted works.
The Tenth International MANGA Award Evaluation Committee is in charge of the selection process.
The award ceremony is planned to be held in Tokyo in February, 2017.
International MANGA Award Homepage: http://manga-award.jp/index.php?lng=e